John’s parents are coming down to visit us today – it’s the first time they’ve been to see our apartment since we moved here in March, so I’m feeling the pressure clean all the things. Erm.
This week, I tried to distract myself as much as possible from the whole Rob Ford debacle… I’ve included a few below that really helped me the most at avoiding the train wreck that is Toronto’s mayor.
- The Importance of Brand Consistency. Hey look, I wrote something elsewhere all about design and branding and such stuff! (Shameless self promotion!)
- Wuthering Heights Explained in GIFs. This may be the ONLY time Wuthering Heights did not make me go all “OMG RAGE SMASHY SMASH SMASH!!!”
- Original Dance Factory Preschool Tap. I don’t know when the last time I have seriously laughed this hard. Oh I want to give this girl lots of candy and see what other hijinks she comes up with.
- The Life and Times of an Aging Superhero Captured in Oil Paintings by Andreas Englund. Englund is a Swedish artist who has a series of paintings about a superhero as he gets older. Very poignant.
- Listen! Beowulf opening line misinterpreted for 200 years. We’ve apparently been translating the first line of Beowulf wrong – this is really quite interesting!
- Why ‘graphic’ is not the most important word in ‘graphic design.’ I would recommend people who work with graphic designers read this.