Every season, I get excited about the chance to change up the kind of meals we’re eating. In summer, it’s all about lighter meals, especially ones that don’t use the oven. In the fall and winter, though, we get more hearty meals, more soups, and more squash (which I’m still working on convincing John that he doesn’t hate).
While we do plan what meals to eat each week, we have decided to stop scheduling what days we’re doing everything. Instead, we’ve started picking what we are going to be eating for that week and decide each day what we feel like having, or (more likely) how long we want to spend cooking each night. It makes things a lot easier when we’ve had a long day at work.
- Pork Tenderloin salad, adapted from the Eat, Shrink and Be Merry‘s The Grill of my Dreams recipe
- Tofu Parmesan, pasta and a salad
- Salmon and corn chowder, with grilled cheese sandwiches
- Ham and scalloped potatoes, with green beans
- Beef Bruschetta Skillet
- Vietnamese Grilled Chicken
- Leftover Dinner
Also this week: for snacks I’ve made a Roasted Squash Dip.
What are you eating this week?