Last week, Rachel posted about her top ten fictional couples, and told me that I needed to do the same. As I always scamper off to do as Rachel bids, instead of my planned “Monday Ramblings” on Valentines and romance (and my dislike of both even though, no, I’m not one of the stereotypical “bitterly single” and am actually in a quite happy relationship) – I just can’t be bothered with romance between two people in real life – I have put together a top ten list of my favourite fictional characters.
- Rilla Blyth and Kenneth Ford from L.M. Montgomery’s Rilla of Ingleside. Originally Published 1921. LT.
- Colonel Brandon and Marianne Dashwood from Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility. Originally Published 1811. LT.
- Mr. Thornton and Margaret Hale from Elizabeth Gaskell’s North and South. Originally Published 1855. LT.
- Kitty Charing and Freddy Standen from Georgette Heyer’s Cotillion. Originally Published 1953. LT.
- Valency Stirling and Barney Snaith from L.M. Montgomery’s The Blue Castle. Originally Published 1926. LT.
- Owen Palmer and Katie Chandler from Shanna Swendson’s Enchanted, Inc. Originally Published 2007. LT.
- Cassandra Mortmain and Simon Cotton from Dodie Smith’s I Capture the Castle. Originally Published 1948. LT.
- Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger from J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Originally Published 1997. LT.
- Meg Murray and Calvin O’Keefe from Madeline L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time. Originally Published 1962. LT.
- Captain Wentworth and Anne Elliot from Jane Austen’s Persuasion. Originally Published 1818. LT.
What fictional couples do you love?