So. I just finished reading Janet Gurtler’s I’m Not Her and you know what? I needed a box of kleenex throughout the whole freakin’ book. It was utterly amazing, and I’m going to talk more about it here later this week. In the meantime, because it got me to thinking so much, I wanted today’s Listed to feature books about cancer. So, without further ado, here are ten books in which one of the characters has (or had) cancer of some sort.
- I’m Not Her by Janet Gurtler. Originally Published 2011. LT.
- A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks. Originally Published 1999. LT.
- My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Originally Published 2004. LT.
- A Summer to Die by Lois Lowry. Originally Published 1977. LT.
- Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson. Originally Published 2008. LT.
- Before I Die by Jenny Downham. Originally Published 2007. LT.
- Deadline by Chris Crutcher. Originally Published 2007. LT.
- Drums, Girls, And Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick. Originally Published 2004. LT.
- East of the Mountains by David Guterson. Originally Published 1999. LT.
- Good Harbor by Anita Diamant. Originally Published 2001. LT.
Do you like this feature? You should also check out Librarian’s Book Reviews’ Listless Monday, A Bookshelf Monstrosity’s Books By A Theme and Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog’s Birdwatching.