So! On Friday, I fly off for a week-long vacation to London, England! I am so VERY excited to be going. We’re going to be staying with my aunt (who lives in London), and will be doing all sorts of crazy awesome things – I’ve never been before, and realize there’s way too much to see on just my first trip there. Needless to say, I’m super excited about this!
So, to coincide with my trip, I wanted to focus today’s Listed post on books where a character takes a vacation. Whether the whole book focuses on the holiday, or whether it’s just a couple of chapters; whether the holiday is a short weekend mini break or a much longer one, there’s always something exciting that happens on these holidays.
- Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding. Originally Published 1999. LT.
- Austenland by Shannon Hale. Originally Published 2007. LT.
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson. Originally Published 2005. LT.
- Steel by Carrie Vaughn. Originally Published 2011. LT.
- The Hunter’s Moon by O.R. Melling. Originally Published 1993. LT.
- Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper. Originally Published 1965. LT.
- Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe. Originally Published 2006. LT.
- Vacations from Hell, including stories by Libba Bray, Cassandra Clare, Claudia Gray, Maureen Johnson and Sarah Mlynowski. Originally Published 2009. LT.
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. Originally Published 2006. LT.
- How to Be Bad by E. Lockhart, Lauren Myracle and Sarah Mlynowski. Originally Published 2008. LT.
What books do you like where the characters go on holiday?
Do you like this feature? You should also check out Librarian’s Book Reviews’ Listless Monday, A Bookshelf Monstrosity’s Books By A Theme and Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog’s Birdwatching.