I used to go to summer camp when I was a kid and a teen. The friendships I made there were some of the best ones I had in my youth. The thought of going back every summer was what kept me going throughout the ret of the year.
I haven’t been back in years, but I still thoroughly enjoy reading books about camp. Here are ten books that have been published about kids going to summer camp:
- Camp Creepy Time by Gina and Dann Gershon. Originally Published 2007. LT.
- Dramarama by E. Lockhart. Originally Published 2007. LT.
- I Want to go Home by Gordon Korman. Originally Published 1981. LT.
- Baby-sitters’ Summer Vacation by Ann M. Martin. Originally Published 1989. LT.
- Holes by Louis Sachar. Originally Published 1998. LT.
- The Camp Confidential series by Melissa J. Morgan. LT.
- Empress of the World by Sara Ryan. Originally Published 2001. LT.
- The Lost Summer by Kathryn Williams. Originally Published 2009. LT.
- Buddies by Barbara Park. Originally Published 1985. LT.
- Darci in Cabin 13 by Martha Tolles. Originally Published 1989. LT.
Did you used to go to summer camp? Have you read any good books about summer camp?
Do you like this feature? You should also check out Librarian’s Book Reviews’ Listless Monday, A Bookshelf Monstrosity’s Books By A Theme and Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog’s Birdwatching.