Yesterday was mother’s day. Did you call your mom to let her know you were thinking about her?
Mothers can be some of the key influences on the lives of anyone, and so in honour of Mother’s Day, I’ve gathered ten awesome fictional moms/grandmothers/women-who-adopted-children/etc. Whether they are some of the sweetest women ever, or are seriously kick butt, these are all some seriously awesome moms.
- Molly Weasley in J.K. Rowlings’ Harry Potter series. LT.
- Millie Lyle in Catherine Webb’s Horatio Lyle series. LT.
- Rachel Morgan in Ally Carter’s Gallagher Girls series. LT.
- Dr. Kate Murry in Madeline L’Engle’s Time Quintet. LT.
- Rivka in Sara Douglass’ Axis Trilogy. LT.
- Marilla Cuthbert in L.M. Montgomery’s Anne of Green Gables series. LT.
- The grandmother in Roald Dahl’s The Witches. LT.
- Marmee in Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women. LT.
- Grandma Mazur in Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum books. LT.
- Mae Tuck in Natalie Babbitt’s Tuck Everlasting. Originally Published . LT.
Who are your favourite fictional mothers?
Do you like this feature? You should also check out Librarian’s Book Reviews’ Listless Monday, A Bookshelf Monstrosity’s Books By A Theme and Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog’s Birdwatching.