In the next bunch of weeks for my Listed feature, I’m going to be focusing on novels that take place in certain regions of Canada. Some areas (such as Ontario) were very easy to find books from, but others (such as Nunavut) were very much NOT easy to find stuff for, so I will be grouping certain provinces/territories together.
And because I’m in Ontario, that’s where I am going to start. Here are ten books, from different genres, different periods of time, etc. that all take place in Ontario.
- The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery. Originally Published 1926. LT
- The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan. Originally Published 2009. LT
- After Helen by Paul Cavanagh. Originally Published 2006. LT
- Fifth Business by Robertson Davies. Originally Published 1970. LT
- Deafening by Frances Itani. Originally Published 2003. LT
- Bitten by Kelly Armstrong. Originally Published 2001. LT
- Poor Tom is Cold by Maureen Jennings. Originally Published 2001. LT
- The Mealworm Diaries by Anna Kerz. Originally Published 2009. LT
- This can’t be happening at Macdonald Hall by Gordon Korman. Originally Published 1978. LT
- Moonheart by Charles de Lint. Originally Published 1984. LT
What are your favourite books that take place in Ontario?