So. Wednesday evening, I am going to take a trek up to Brampton to meet up with a couple of friends and to go to a reading/signing by the wonderful Arthur Slade. And we all know (or if we don’t, I’ve been extremely slacking in my fangirlish tendencies) that my favourite book by Slade is Jolted, a story about a boy who is learning the survival skills necessary to avoid being killed by a lightening bolt. This very cool boy has a very awesome pet – a pig that goes by the name of Josephine.
In honour of going to the signing, and in honour of Josephine, I’ve decided that this week’s Listed feature is going to focus on books with pigs in them.
- Jolted by Arthur Slade. Originally Published 2008. LT
- Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. Originally Published 2008. LT
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White. Originally Published 1952. LT
- Pigs! by Robert Munsch. Originally Published 1989. LT
- Olivia by Ian Falconer. Originally Published 2000. LT
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. Originally Published 1865. LT
- Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne. Originally Published 1926. LT
- The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith. Originally Published 1989. LT
- The Wonderful Pigs of Jillian Jiggs by Phoebe Gillman. Originally Published 1987. LT
- Animal Farm by George Orwell. Originally Published 1945. LT
Have I missed one that you think should be on this list?