There’s something both terrifying and intoxicating about the thought of immortality. Never growing old, never dying… it can be a heady thought. On the one hand, you never get old, don’t get sick, don’t die… on the other hand, you would see everyone that you know and care about get old, get sick, die. Ah, the dilemma as to whether one should actually ever want immortality! And yet, some characters have chosen (or it has been chosen for them) to live an immortal life.
Here are ten characters who are immortal.
- Peter Pan in J.M. Barrie’s Peter Pan. Originally Published 1911. LT.
- The Tuck Family in Natalie Babbitt’s Tuck Everlasting. Originally Published 1975. LT.
- Dorian Gray in Oscar Wilde’s The Picture of Dorian Gray. Originally Published 1890. LT.
- Nicholas Flamel in Michael Scott’s The Alchemyst:The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. Originally Published 2007. LT.
- Ken in William Sleator’s The Boy Who Couldn’t Die. Originally Published 2004. LT.
- Dracula in Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Originally Published 1897. LT.
- Pilgrim in Timothy Findley’s Pilgrim. Originally Published 1999. LT.
- Cormac O’Connor in Pete Hamill’s Forever. Originally Published 2003. LT.
- Zane in Piers Anthony’s On a Pale Horse. Originally Published 1983. LT.
- Honor in O.R. Melling’s The Summer King. Originally Published 1999. LT.
Have I missed one that you think should be on this list?