Happy Easter Monday to all those who celebrate it! I’m a little bitter that half of Canada gets it off while the rest of us have to work, but ah well. Such is life. In honour of Easter being this past weekend, I’m doing what any heretic would do, and am focusing on OTHER stories where characters get resurrected from the dead. ;)
I’ve just included here stories where characters have died and in some way come back to life – I know I’m missing out on a whole bunch of characters who have travelled to the underworld and come back from that, but I’m leaving that for another week.
- Aslan in C.S. Lewis’s The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Originally Published 1950. LT
- Harry Potter in J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Deathly Halows. Originally Published 2007. (Shite, was it seriously almost three years ago when this was published?!) LT
- Orion in Ben Bova’s Orion. Originally Published 1984. LT
- Matthew Swift in Kate Griffin’s A Madness of Angels: Or the Resurrection of Matthew Swift. Originally Published 2009. LT
- Shadow in Neil Gaiman’s American Gods. Originally Published 2001. LT
- Eric in James O’Barr’s The Crow Graphic Novel. Originally Published 1989. LT
- Emma Wintertowne in Susanna Clarke’s Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. Originally Published 2004. LT
- Elspeth/Valentina in Audrey Niffenegger’s Her Fearful Symmetry. Originally Published 2009. LT
- Gage in Stephen King’s Pet Sematary. Originally Published 1983. LT
- Westley in William Goldman’s The Princess Bride. Originally Published 1973. LT
What are your favourite novels where a character (major or minor) died and then some how came back to life?