About six months ago, I posted a general overview of steampunk for some friends. I recently put a list together for Chrissy of awesome steampunk books and movies and thought I’d share the list of books for this week’s Listed feature.
And so, here are my ten favourite steampunk books/series/graphic novels/etc.
- Catherine Webb’s Horatio Lyle series. (LT)
- Alan Moore’s League of Extraordinary Gentlemen graphic novels. (LT)
- The Hunchback Assignments by Arthur Slade. (LT)
- The Monster Blood Tattoo trilogy by DM Cornish. (LT)
- Snow by Tracy Lynn. (LT)
- Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy, and accompanying book Lyra’s Oxford. (LT)
- Hiromu Arakawa’s Fullmetal Alchemist manga. (LT)
- H.G. Wells’ The Time Machine. (LT)
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein. (LT)
- Christopher Priest’s The Prestige. (LT)
I haven’t been reading nearly as much steampunk as I used to, but there are a lot of ones out there that I want to read eventually, including Gail Carriger’s Soulless and Scott Westerfeld’s Leviathan. Not to mention the fact that the new Horatio Lyle book will be out this spring, and Cassandra Clare’s going to have The Infernal Devices trilogy, and that there will be more books in Arthur Slade’s The Hunchback Assignments universe. So much goodness to look forward to!