So. It has been 13 months since I made my duvet cover. At that point in time, I had said that I would be making a bed skirt for it.
And it only took me 12 months to start it. And a project that should have taken a weekend took about 5 weeks to finish… so just over 13 months later, it is finally done.
Yes I win like that.
But! Finish it I did. And although I am not 100% happy with it, I am still about 90% happy with it. There are a few things that I think I could have done better. Such as measuring lengths correctly. And sewing in a straight line. But for the most part, I like how it turned out:
You can’t really see it, but my duvet cover and bed skirt don’t actually match. The duvet cover has faded over the year. The sun, she shines right into my bedroom in the middle of the day. Thankfully, the panel that I am least happy with is the one that is on the side of the bed away from the door. So no one is ever going to see it. Except me.
… and yes, that is my Darth Vader pillowcase.